It’s important that you know the cautionary steps we are taking in response to recent news regarding COVID-19. Things are unfolding quickly. We are in a different situation than last week when we sent correspondence related to the issue. Please know that your wellness remains the highest priority to us here at Yoga Union. (After all, we are a wellness center).
In keeping with our purpose, we will continue to provide a safe sanctuary for our community to gather. That said, things will flow a little differently from here, at least until we get on the other side of this.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the following updated list of what we’re doing and what we’re asking of you while we share the space together together.
In addition to increased sanitation (now powered by bleach), including disinfecting all interactive surfaces (handles, doors, counters, studio floor..) between classes and asking sick students not to enter the building, we have added the following upgrades to our efforts:
– Class Size Limited – 26 student cap on all classes. Our studio can accommodate as many as 26 students on mats spaced 6′ apart from one another, allowing plenty of elbow and breathing room. Please preregister to ensure a spot.
– Fresh Air Up There – Weather permitting, we’ll host classes on our rooftop, under the beauty and grace of nature’s best sanitation – sunlight and air!
– No Pen Check In – When you arrive, our healthy desk staff will happily write your name on the sign in sheet for you (which will help them with their perennial problem of having to read your messy handwriting anyway :).
– No props/no probs – Studio props will not be needed at this time. You are welcome to bring your own of course. However, teachers will be leading classes that do not require them. Should you wish to purchase your own, we are offering a 20% discount on our props while supplies last.
– BYOMat – By far the most touched space is the yoga mat. Please, bring your own. Again, should you wish to purchase, we are offering a 20% discount on mats while supplies last.
– No Hands – Instructors will not be offering hands-on assists but instead be staying on their own mat during the practice. This will allow us to film classes. Which brings us to perhaps the most exciting upgraded effort of all:
– Virtual Y.U. – We are working hard to generate a full menu of Yoga Union classes available from the comfort and safety of your own home. Our goal is to have this feature available by the end of the week. Please stay tuned for details on how to log on and enjoy the offering.
We feel it necessary to reiterate that, if you are sick you may be asked to leave the building. This is of course, for the health and safety of the community.
We also feel it necessary to remind you that the community gathering at Yoga Union is composed of individuals in above average health. As a collective, our abilities – both mental and physical, exceed ordinary means to meet this sort of thing and come out stronger on the other end.
None of us know exactly how it will shake out but, we can almost guarantee that the investment you and the rest of your community has made in your health will help support you through this difficult time. This is no time to forget all you have learned from your practice. Remember the strength of this place. Remember the strength of your community. Remember the strength of YOU. Stay safe. But also lean into the strength that’s already in place for you.
Yoga Union remains one of the finest & healthiest indoor environments around. If you are feeling healthy and strong – if could benefit from shutting out the noise for an hour – we hope to provide you with a safe space to escape the craziness around you, and just come & move with us.
Even those with the most advanced practices are likely to experience some amount fear and anxiety at this time. These are inner states that make prime footholds for viral attacks. Again, lean into your practice. Keep your center. We’re all going to need it.
As of now, we plan to stay open for all scheduled classes. As you know, this could change based on a number of things. We will continue to e-mail all members, as well as posting on our social media channels. If you don’t already follow us on instagram, we highly encourage you to tune in there, as it allows us to communicate more expediently: @yogaunion is our handle.
Thank you for your support: as a team, community, small business, and a family. We all need each other more than ever. Please continue to support one another in whatever ways you can.
We are forever grateful!
Todd, Annie, Anna, and the Yoga Union family.