This is a 300-hour, Yoga Alliance registered Teacher Training program that focuses on therapeutic applications of yoga for injury prevention and rehabilitation in conjunction with mental and emotional health. Upon graduation from this program you will be qualified to work therapeutically with students in group and private settings.
Train your eyes to see where support is needed and effectively guide students’ individual processes with the skillful application of therapeutic sequencing. Re-inspire teachers and students alike that we don’t have to ‘learn’ how to move; rather, functional movement is innate, and yoga happens when we remember our intrinsic wisdom.
Effective therapy awakens us to our deepest and most functional strength. Through Annie‘s philosophy of Holistic Yoga Therapeutics, you will learn to speak to the interface of applied anatomy and energetics. As a teacher and therapist, you will learn to empower your students through an understanding that we are born to move, we are capable of moving, and that through awareness, healing is possible.
- Breath and pranayama
- Anatomy in motion
- Safe and effective alignment
- Sequencing strategies
- Interface of the systems of the body
- Postural assessment and evaluation techniques
- Applications of Ayurveda
- Ethics of working with private clients, small groups and public classes
- Yoga therapy for individual needs and specific health conditions
- Trauma-informed care
- Self-care tools (including Gua Sha, Dry Cupping Therapy, and Kinesiology Taping)
- Meditation and energetics
- Ritual and ceremony
- Supporting yourself as a Yoga Therapist
- Marketing and business techniques
- Deeper knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how its functioning is influenced by the tools and techniques of yoga
- Clear grasp of yoga philosophy and psychology with a special focus on health and healing
- Useful understanding of Ayurveda as it relates to yoga therapy and simultaneously, how the tools and techniques of yoga restore Ayurvedic balance
- Broad view of yoga therapy research with an understanding of how it is conducted and how it can be used to support your work as a Yoga Therapist and in the field as a whole
- Awareness of how yoga therapy can effectively combine with conventional medical treatments to integrate and overcome common health challenges such as, cardiovascular disease, immune system disorders, cancer, respiratory conditions, and depression and anxiety
- Tools to create intelligent and effective therapeutic sequences for small groups and public classes
- Skills to evaluate the specific needs of an individual and design a yoga therapy program to meet those needs
- Means to establish and develop a private yoga therapy practice and become a professional in this field
Annie Adamson is co-owner of Yoga Union Community Wellness Center. She holds certifications in Anusara, Power Vinyasa, Hatha Yoga, and Holistic Pelvic Care. Annie believes yoga connects us with our bodies, and that this mindful practice can be applied to any and all movement. Holistic Yoga Therapeutics offers the integration of body-consciousness, which brings functional movement patterns into practice and daily life.
Instead of relying on alignment as a one-size-fits- all method, Annie uses alignment to illuminate new pathways towards deeper sensation and awareness. Annie empowers her students and clients to use their own intelligence and strength to tap into their unique potential for healing. Applying over a decade of experience in yoga and therapeutics, Annie provides guidance and support to the student in a step-by-step rehabilitative practice. This custom-tailored process affords students with powerful alignment tools to create profound healing in their own bodies.
In addition to her dedicated yoga practice, Winter has extensive training in various movement arts, anatomy, and Traditional Thai massage. She holds a degree in Kinesiology & Exercise Science and brings over a decade of experience as a personal trainer, aerobics instructor, yoga teacher, and massage therapist. Winter’s touch is healing and purposeful, and she sees her yoga and massage practices as deeply intertwined. Her classes are playful, but challenging and structured to align breath, mind, and body. Her sincere wish is to enable others to find their personal power and progress on their own path to liberation.
Application Requirements and Process
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED. NEXT TRAINING TBA.
We are accepting only a small number of dedicated students. Please fill out application form and submit non-refundable $25 application fee to receive an interview with program director, Annie Adamson. Once these steps are completed, you may pay your deposit. Deposit payment secures your spot in the training.