Learn to Teach with Confidence
The 2018 Program is in progress!
Stay tuned for dates & info for the 2019 Program!
This is a full-spectrum, alignment-based Vinyasa teacher training designed to give you a full skill-set for teaching yoga.
The Yoga Union teacher training program has been running for ten years. Our aim is to help motivated yoga students become extraordinary yoga teachers. Nearly all of Yoga Union’s instructors are graduates of our program. Many other graduates have gone on to teach at other studios and even run programs of their own.
Our experienced directors take each student’s individuality into account. They will encourage you to step outside your comfort zone and learn about yourself: your desires, your skills, and your perspective. Knowing that you have something special to offer, they will empower you to teach as your most authentic self, to see your students as individuals in turn, and to work with their injuries, ailments, and unique bodies. Our graduates understand that a yoga teacher does not have all the answers, but rather continually learns to perceive and grow to meet each student’s needs.
This training will give you plenty of practice at teaching, to make the experience comfortable and joyful. Our approach is community-oriented. We emphasize the importance of healthy relationships. Your teachers and your peers will support you just as you will support them.
Additionally, this year’s students will learn how to teach Yoga Union’s Vinyasa for Beginners sequence. Through this weekly class, all of our graduates will have an opportunity to teach at Yoga Union.
This year we are thrilled to be in our new space, The Breathe Building, a terrific site for learning and for leisure between sessions. The space offers a café, rooftop studio, sauna, wellness center, childcare, and more.
- Fluid Sequencing and Creative Flow
- Meaningful Ways to Theme
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Safe and Therapeutic Alignment
- Powerful Adjustments
- Group Teaching Exercises
- Constructive and Encouraging Feedback
- Applied Yoga Philosophy
- Holistic Health
- Community Outreach
Annie Adamson is co-owner of Yoga Union Community Wellness Center and founder of Primal Vinyasa™. She brings over a decade of experience practicing and teaching Yoga, Workshops, and Trainings. Annie’s deep love of mythology, natural movement, and the study of Earth Medicine traditions inspire her work. She is certified in Anusara, Power Vinyasa and Hatha Yoga.
Click on profile image to read full biography
- Feb. 9 – 11
- March 9 -11
- April 20-22
- May 11-13
- June 1-3
- Sept. 7-9
- Oct. 5-7
- Nov. 9-11
- Fri: 4:30-9pm
- Sat: 12-9pm
- Sun: 12-9pm
In Studio Curriculum:
- Anatomy of the breath
- Understanding of the five principles of Anusara Yoga
- Philosophies of Yoga
- Yamas and Niyamas
- Pranayama techniques
- Basic Sanskrit terminology
- Guide a dynamic warm-up
- Guide a centering/meditation
- Language (passive and active cues)
- Teach Sun Salutations A & B (with variations)
- Intelligent Alignment-based Vinyasa Sequencing
- Yoga Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Mantra and Chanting
- Ethics of Yoga
- Sequencing based on a theme
- Perform demonstrations using your own body
- Student demonstrations
- Pose Lab for most common asanas (common tendencies, joint-actions, mythology)
- Design and teach unique creative flows
- Hands-on assists and Therapeutic Adjustments
- Modifications and basic yoga therapy techniques for common injuries
- Prenatal Yoga Module
- Restorative Yoga and Ayurveda
- Business of Yoga
- Therapeutics for private clients